Saturday, October 23, 2010

Life of the Rutledges: October

Drake had his 1 month checkup this week.  He has gained almost 2 pounds and has grown 1 1/2 inches.  He now weighs 8 lbs 9 oz and is 21 inches long.  Our baby boy is growing so fast!  Dr. Keever said that everything looks great and that he'll see him next month for his first set of shots :(  That will be one appointment that daddy gets to take him too by himself.    

Aaron had to come from work to Drake's Dr. appointment and while we were waiting on Dr. Keever we took the opportunity to make a 1 month checkup family picture. 

   
The holidays are coming up quickly!  I love the holidays and having baby Drake here will make them that much more exciting.  Grammie will get to be here for Drake's 1st Halloween.  He is dressing up as a hot dog and then Aaron and I will be ketchup and mustard.  I tried really hard to get Bailey and Peyton to be ketchup and mustard but Bailey said that she didn't even like mustard :)    Mom gets in next Friday and we have alot of photo shoots to do (Drakes 1 month, Family fall pictures, Family Christmas pictures, Drake's Halloween pictures, Drake's Christmas pictures, and Drake with his cousins)!  Aaron and I are also going on our first date night since Drake was born.  We aren't going very far but we are going to dinner and then to see "Life as we know it."  That is if I can get myself to leave my son.  It's alot easier said than done.  

When Aaron called and asked my parents permission to marry me my mom told him that there was one stipulation... every other Christmas we had to go to Idaho.  Last year we were in Idaho so this year was mom and dad's year to come to Arkansas BUT since baby Drake is here now mom and dad offered to fly us to Idaho for Christmas so we can show him off to my family.  I am so excited!  My brother CJ gets to meet Drake for the first time, I cant wait to see my family, and we get to show off our pretty little boy.  Aaron and I have just about finished our Christmas shopping and the Christmas count down is ON. 


No comments:

Post a Comment